Our Services

Registered Nurses

Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional nurse who has completed a course of study at an approved and accredited school of nursing and who has passed the National Council of Licensure Examination. RNs are licensed to practice by individual states. RNs are also trained and licensed medical professional with a 4-year nursing degree, who assist people in health care under the direction of a physician and are able to provide all levels of nursing care, including administration of medication.

Licensed Vocational Nurses

Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) is a graduate of a school of practical nursing whose qualifications have been examined by a state board of nursing and who has been legally authorized to practice as a licensed practical or vocational nurse (L.P.N. or L.V.N.), under supervision of a physician or registered nurse.

Occupational Therapists

Occupational Therapists (OT) help patients improve their ability to perform tasks in living and working environments. They work with individuals who suffer from a mentally, physically, developmentally or emotionally disabling condition. Occupational therapists use treatments to develop, recover or maintain the daily living and work skills of their patients. The therapist helps clients not only to improve their basic motor functions and reasoning abilities, but also to compensate for permanent loss of function. The goal is to help clients have independent, productive and satisfying lives.

Home Health Aides

Home Health Aide (HHA) is a trained and certified health-care worker who provides assistance to a patient in the home with personal care (as hygiene and exercise) and light household duties (as meal preparation) and who monitors the patient's condition.

Physical Therapists

Physical Therapist (PT) is a person who is licensed in the examination, evaluation, and treatment of physical impairments through the use of special exercise, application of heat or cold and other physical modalities. The goal is to assist persons who are physically challenged to maximize independence and improve mobility, self-care, and other functional skills necessary for daily living. A physical therapist becomes qualified by studying a 4 to 7-year college curriculum leading to a bachelor's, master's or doctoral degree in physical therapy.

Speech Therapists

Speech Therapist (ST) is a health professional trained to evaluate and treat voice, speech, language, swallowing disorders and hearing impairment that affect communication.

Licensed Medical Social Workers

Medical Social Workers (MSW) have a graduate degree in the field and work with patients and their families in need of psychosocial help. Medical social workers assess the psychosocial functioning of patients and families and intervene as necessary. Interventions may include connecting patients and families to necessary resources and supports in the community; providing psychotherapy, supportive counseling or grief counseling; or helping a patient to expand and strengthen their network of social supports. Medical social workers typically work on an interdisciplinary team with professionals of other disciplines (such as medicine, nursing, physical, occupational, speech and recreational therapy).

Medicare Guidelines

In order to qualify for home health services, the patient must:

• be eligible for standard home health benefits through their services medical insurance plan
• be under the care of a physician who establishes and periodically reviews the patient's plan of care
• require skilled nursing services on an intermittent basis
• require services reasonable and necessary for treatment of the illness or injury
• be homebound
• all Medicare patients who need home health care services are required to have a documented face-to-face encounter with their physician. This visit must be completed within the 90-day period before or 30 days after the initial visit of home health care services